Records Requests Accepted by mail, fax, email, or in person.


 Questions Contact:
 Rachel Pitzel, CMC
 Public Records Officer
 Edgewood City Hall 
 2224 104th Avenue E.
 Edgewood, WA 98372
 Office: (253) 952-3299
 Fax: (253) 952-3537 or by email 

After placing your request...

Within five business days of receipt of your request we will do one of the following: 
*Make the records available for inspection/copying
*Send copies to requestor if payment has been received
*Provide a reasonable estimate when records will be available
*Contact requestor to obtain clarification on request
*Deny the request citing reason for denial

*There is no charge for electronic copies. Hard copies are priced as follows:
*Black & white copies $.15 per page 
*GIS Maps see Fee Schedule for price detail 
*Mailing Actual cost of postage and shipping container 

For large requests, the City will provide documents in installments. In this scenario we require a deposit of up to ten percent of estimated cost before making copies and will require advanced payment before providing further installments.

Exempt from Disclosure

The Public Records Act and other statutes, list types of documents (RCW 42.56) from public inspection and copying. City of Edgewood will NOT disclose lists of individuals for commercial purposes. If only a portion of a record is exempt  from disclosure, the Public Records Officer or designee will redact the exempt portions before providing the document.

Special Considerations

If a requestor has not reviewed or claimed records within 30 days of notice that records are available or fails to make payment, the Public Records Officer may close the request. If requested records contain information that may affect rights of others, before providing the records, the Public Records Officer or designee may give notice and allow time for action by the other parties. After a request has been filled, If the Public Records Officer becomes aware of additional documents existing at the time of the request, these will be provided to the requestor on an expedited basis.

Police Records

City of Edgewood does not maintain police records. Please address requests for police records to the Pierce County Sheriff's Office South Sound 911 or click on the link at the top of this page.  

Please Note

Some public records are currently available on the City’s website at no cost:
Agendas/Meeting Minutes
Comprehensive Plan