Most Frequently Asked Questions

Sometimes, we all have the same questions. Below are some of the answers to the questions we get asked most often. If you don't see the answer you need listed here, please call us at 253-952-0275 and we will be happy to help!

Where can I find a crime map for my area?
Please click here to be directed to the LexisNexis Community Crime Map site. You can even sign up for daily, weekly or monthly crime updates in your neighborhood! Or, you can click here to view our monthly Crime Blotter.

I want to file a police report.
Most times, it's best to file a report by calling 253-798-4721, ext. 1 so you can speak to someone directly. If that isn't possible, you can report non-emergency crimes online using South Sound 911's File a Report page. Please don't use this page to report crimes in progress! For any emergency, please call 911. Non-emergency crimes are things like lost property, theft, vandalism, and vehicle prowls.

You can also request a copy of a previously filed police report by clicking here.

How do I apply for a concealed pistol license (CPL)?
CPLs are issued through South Sound 911. You can find more information on the application process and get started here.

I have a question about a firearm or a concealed pistol license.
All questions regarding fingerprinting, concealed pistol licenses, transfer applications, sale reports, or renewals must be submitted to South Sound 911. Unfortunately, the Edgewood Police Department is unable to answer questions or give advice regarding any of these topics.

You can reach South Sound 911 at:
South Sound 911 – Brady Desk
945 Tacoma Ave S
Tacoma, WA 98402
Tel: (253) 798-6249
Fax: (253) 798-3618

I want to leave an anonymous tip about a crime.
Thanks so much for your help! You can leave anonymous tips 24 hours a day at Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound. Callers can remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward if the information given leads to an ARREST & CHARGES or grand jury indictment of a felony offender. 

(NOTE: Crime Stoppers is NOT law enforcement, therefore they do NOT file reports nor investigate crime. They forward your tip to law Enforcement investigating those crimes. They do not take tips from victims of a crime as they must file a report with Law Enforcement for a crime to exist. They must then continue to work with the detective assigned to their case.)

How do I find out about sex offenders in my area?
The Pierce County Sheriff's Office and the Edgewood Police Department feel that you have the right to know about high-risk sexual offenders living in your neighborhood. To view a current map and find out more information, please click here.

I am going on vacation and would like the police to check on my property while I'm gone.
You can request a vacation home check by downloading our request form. Then, either mail the form back to us or bring it to Edgewood City Hall anytime during normal business hours.