Project Updates & Alerts
Construction on Meridian
The City of Edgewood will be constructing a new community park this year on the northeast corner of Meridian Ave E (SR-161) and 36th Street East. The City has extended the sanitary sewer along Meridian Avenue East south of 32nd Street East to the park, and most of the pavement restoration work has been completed. There will be some finishing work as the weather warms up this spring. Another project coming soon is a new sidewalk on the northbound side between 24th St E and the Simon's Mill Apartments. Work is underway on water main relocation, and PSE will be removing a vault soon. Stay tuned for more project information as it becomes available! Again, alternate routes are advised, and please use caution when traveling through these work zones. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
School Zone Cameras
Speed enforcement cameras are installed at the following school zones:
- Northwood Elementary (24th St E eastbound only)
- Edgemont Junior High (24th St E easbound and westbound)
- Hedden Elementary (114th Ave E southbound, 8th St E eastbound and westbound)
Speed limits are photo-enforced at these locations only when beacons are flashing. Be advised that Northwood is the only active camera at this time. Please contact the Edgewood Police Department with any questions.
Report a Problem / Request for Action
Contact us for:
- Clearing roads of snow, downed trees, and debris
- Drainage system and culvert maintenance
- Grading and graveling shoulder areas
- Illegally placed signs
- Pavement repair, potholes, and resurfacing
- Roadside brush cutting and mowing
- Street sweeping and litter removal
Edgewood City Hall
Monday through Friday (excluding holidays)
8:30 am to 5 pm
Pierce County Public Works
City Hall staff are available during normal business hours during emergency operations.