Town Center Subarea Plan
Town Center is centrally located around the intersection of Meridian Avenue and 24th Street. The “Heart of Edgewood”- as identified in the Comprehensive Plan, is envisioned to have attractive pedestrian and bike routes, as well as places to live, shop, eat, drink, relax, and work. In short, it will soon be the place to be! This center must reflect our community character while bringing new people, places, and opportunities to Edgewood. Attracting this type of development requires the creation of a Subarea Plan that will establish a clear implementation strategy for public and private investments moving forward.
The Subarea Planning process marks an important time in our history because it is an opportunity to plan the future of Edgewood together. Sign-up for project updates by e-mailing a request to email@example.com or calling Associate Planner Evan Hietpas at 253-831-4254.
Town Center Subarea Plan Outline
This outline is the public’s first opportunity to understand how the final Subarea Plan document will be put together. The draft describes what information will be included in each chapter of the Subarea Plan in an easy-to-navigate outline, whereas, the final Subarea Plan will be very robust and detailed. Read the document here: Town Center Subarea Plan “Skinny” draft
After reading the document, please provide comments or ask us questions. Written comments can be submitted by June 10th by e-mailing us or dropping off your comments at City Hall. If you have questions about any of the chapters, or additional considerations to share, please reach out to us.
The first community workshop was held virtually on January 27, 2022 and can be watched by clicking this link provided. The second workshop was held in a hybrid format on May 19, 2022 and the recording may be viewed online. The public is invited to attend in-person at City Hall or you may join virtually via by Zoom using the following instructions:
• On a computer by clicking this URL: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81833745659
• By phone by dialing +1 (253) 215-8782 and enter the Webinar ID: 818 3374 5659
Envision the Future
This video has been created to help visualize a conceptual design of Town Center, considering current development and design standards. Please enjoy taking the virtual tour!
Interactive Pin Map
Share where you live by using the Interactive Pin Map below! To pin your location, click the green pin on the left to create a “New Feature”, and then click your desired location on the map. If you make a mistake, you can select to “Remove Pin”. After dropping your pin, you will be prompted to share how you heard about the Town Center Subarea Plan project.
Click the links below to find more information.
- March 2022 Public Survey Summary- Thank you to everyone who participated! If you are interested in seeing all the data, check out this spreadsheet
- Subarea Plan Timeline
- Town Center Map - See exactly where Town Center is and what is currently here
- City Hall Walkshed Map - Town Center has about 85 acres of land, which may sound like a large area, but it’s actually just a 10-minute walk from end-to-end
- Planning Commission page - Attend monthly meetings to hear detailed discussions on the Subarea Plan
- Historic Community Planning Resources – Read about the previous planning efforts that the Subarea Plan is based on